Scienze dell'educazione degli adulti, della formazione continua e Scienze pedagogiche
|Study location||Italy, Florence|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Application fee||€20 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / French / Italian / Spanish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Non-EU applicants living abroad are required to have a valid certificat of Italian language proficiency at level B2 awarded as determined by the CLIQ (Italian Quality Language Certification) quality system, which unites in one association the current certification bodies (University for Foreigners of Perugia, University for Foreigners of Siena, Rome Tre University and the Dante Alighieri Society) and University for Foreigners “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria, as well as in convention with Italian Institutes of Culture abroad or other institutions.
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
For admission to the joint master’s course in Adult Education, Lifelong Learning and Pedagogical Sciences, a good base in pedagogical, psychological, sociological, and historical disciplines is required, equal to no fewer than 40 credits in the scientific sectors indicated in article 3 of the Regulations.
The interclass Master of Science (LM-57 and LM-85) in Adult Education, Lifelong Learning and Pedagogical Sciences aims at training professionals capable of combining the characteristics of the educational systems with the management of educational processes that call on the labour market, cultural institutions, social and educational structures, training agencies, organizations and businesses.
Graduates can be identified with educational leaders, managers of training and experts in educational planning which can offer their professionalism in business, in organizations, in community services or cultural and socio-educational services (both public and private).
Graduates in Adult Education, Lifelong Learning and Pedagogical Sciences can find a job placement (in Italy and abroad) as trainers and planners of the training in the training agencies, in educational and school services, in European networks of adult education , continuing education and pedagogical sciences.
The master’s course in Adult Education, Continuing Training and Pedagogical Sciences is a joint course which follows a common programme in the first year, and two specializing programmes in the second year.
• ADULT EDUCATION (LM-57)
• PEDAGOGICAL SCIENCES (LM-85)
The subjects are organized into modules giving 6 or 12 credits.
Other training activities aimed at acquiring further know-how are:
• Work experience in institutions, corporations, organizations
• Guided practical activities
• Career Service activities promote by University of Florence.
The Master’s Course in Adult Education, LIfelong Learning and Pedagogical Science (LM57-85) sets out to train professionals capable of:
• coordinating work groups (management staff, administrative teams, planning committees, assessment bodies)
• organizing agencies for training, care, integration and the diffusion of culture and knowledge
• managing the technical, financial and human resources of training organizations
• designing local integrated training systems with particular reference to adults, and social and family hardship, as well as cultural and educational services in general
• innovating, in the educational field, the guidance and education / integration of adults, as well as the processes of cultural promotion
• seeking innovative and creative solutions in the contexts of educational services, institutions, organizations and companies
• providing all-round management of specific training experiences also at a formal institutional level (teaching activity)
The professional figure depends on the course subjects chosen by the students. In general, the Master’s Course can result in the following job prospects:
• local adult education services officers
• corporate training services officers
• children’s, teenage and family education and social services coordinators
• pedagogy and education and training process experts
• secondary school teachers