|Study location||Italy, Florence|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Application fee||€20 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / French / Italian / Spanish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Non-EU applicants living abroad are required to have a valid certificat of Italian language proficiency at level B2 awarded as determined by the CLIQ (Italian Quality Language Certification) quality system, which unites in one association the current certification bodies (University for Foreigners of Perugia, University for Foreigners of Siena, Rome Tre University and the Dante Alighieri Society) and University for Foreigners “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria, as well as in convention with Italian Institutes of Culture abroad or other institutions.
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
The Master of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering forms high level professionals, with knowledge of the methods of analytical and numerical modeling and the general scientific and technical contents of Engineering in specific areas such as the study of living systems, the interaction with the environment, drugs, tissue engineering, prosthesis and artificial organs, equipment and biomedical instrumentation, signals and medical images and computer applications to living systems.
The level of detail of the topics covered during the educational training offers the post-graduate student a high technical and cultural education in the different fields of bioengineering and gives skills in handling complex problems, especially according to an interdisciplinary approach aimed specifically at innovation. Students will develop awareness and capacity to take responsibility for the covered roles. The students of the Master of Science are trained to achieve more and more skills, responsibility, autonomy and roles, that will be characterized by typical biomedical engineering expertise, for which they received a basic training from the three-year degrees in the industrial and information areas, the teachings of which are considered essential requirements for the access to the master of science degree. These skills are assessed through compulsory exams, or else through the appropriate selection of area of study and free electives to complete the individual study plan. Biomedical engineers promote the introduction of new technologies and the development of methods and innovative products, to achieve:
• the improvement of knowledge concerning the functioning of biological systems, both in the normal state and in the pathological one;
• the development of new procedures, equipment and systems for prevention, diagnosis, therapy and rehabilitation;
• the design and development of new prostheses, artificial organs, support devices to vital functions, aids and prostheses for the disabled;
• the identification of structures and services for the management of health care, especially in terms of technology and organization;
• the management and use of methodologies and technologies in hospitals in the most correct and safe way possible;
• the reduction of costs through the optimal utilization of resources as a function of the real needs;
• the study and research of advanced and innovative materials, the behavior of cells for the reconstruction and remodeling of organs and biological tissues;
• the exploration of new advanced technological developments in the field of biotechnology and nanotechnology;
• projects of innovation and collaborations at the international level.