|Study location||Italy, Florence|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Application fee||€20 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / French / Italian / Spanish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Upload documents on to your university online profile
Non-EU applicants living abroad are required to have a valid certificat of Italian language proficiency at level B2 awarded as determined by the CLIQ (Italian Quality Language Certification) quality system, which unites in one association the current certification bodies (University for Foreigners of Perugia, University for Foreigners of Siena, Rome Tre University and the Dante Alighieri Society) and University for Foreigners “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria, as well as in convention with Italian Institutes of Culture abroad or other institutions.
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
The Master’s Degree Course in “Biotecnologie mediche e farmaceutiche” aims to confer, in addition to the qualifying objectives set out in the declaration of Class LM-9, a set of theoretical and practical knowledge in the biotechnology field aimed at promoting and recovering health and at the production and use of biotechnological products for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes.
Graduates in “Biotecnologie mediche e farmaceutiche” must be able to apply the main classical and innovative technologies, to understand their use and to interpret the results to support research and diagnostics in the biomedical and pharmacological field. In addition, they must know the basic principles of development of biological molecules that allow their use in therapy and the main cellular, animal and computational models to formulate predictions on the effect of the use of molecules or cells for therapeutic use.
The Master’s Degree Course in “Biotecnologie mediche e farmaceutiche” aims to:
- provide good knowledge on experimental cellular and molecular biology techniques aimed at understanding the physiological, genetic and intracellular/intercellular signaling mechanisms and their alterations, that are the basis of inflammatory, degenerative and neoplastic pathological processes;
- provide good knowledge on biotechnological design processes and evaluation of biologically active molecules;
- provide the general principles of the main basic and advanced laboratory diagnostic techniques at the chemical-clinical, genetic-molecular, haemocoagulative, endocrinological, microbiological, oncological, immunological level;
- provide good knowledge on the main aspects of the biology of human gametes, on their manipulation and on the techniques applied to laboratory diagnostics and to the therapy of couple infertility;
- provide good knowledge on the main methods of identification, selection and differentiation of stem cells aimed at their application in repair/regeneration techniques of various organs/tissues both in animal models and in humans.
The knowledge/skills are acquired through compulsory courses with transversal contents common to all students that define the basic profile of the medical-pharmaceutical biotechnologist and from the choice of optional integrated courses for the deepening of knowledge/skills in the following areas:
- Laboratory diagnostics: the path strengthens the figure of the biotechnologist for a job enrollment in the biosanitary field and for further training in one of the specialization Schools downstream of the Degree Course, which provide access to the biotechnologist (Clinical Pathology and Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology, Medical Genetics).
- Human Reproduction and Medically Assisted Procreation Techniques: the path strengthens the figure of the biotechnologist in anticipation of the development of specific skills to undertake a post-graduate path in dedicated laboratories in an area of great implementation of the regional and national job offer.
- Advanced Biological Therapies: the path strengthens the figure of the biotechnologist in anticipation of his/her use in the development and application of advanced biological therapies, increasingly widespread in research and diagnostics.
- Biotechnology and Big Data in Biomedicine: the path strengthens the figure of the biotechnologist in the development and application of the “omics” technologies and the need for professional figures, able to manage complex data matrices to support, development and application in research and diagnostics of these technologies.
The curricular internship further contributes to a robust laboratory experience that allows the student to strengthen the specific skills of the area of study.