|Study location||Italy, Florence|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Application fee||€20 one-time
Application fee is non-refundable
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / French / Italian / Spanish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Non-EU applicants living abroad are required to have a valid certificat of Italian language proficiency at level B2 awarded as determined by the CLIQ (Italian Quality Language Certification) quality system, which unites in one association the current certification bodies (University for Foreigners of Perugia, University for Foreigners of Siena, Rome Tre University and the Dante Alighieri Society) and University for Foreigners “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria, as well as in convention with Italian Institutes of Culture abroad or other institutions.
At least 1 reference(s) should be provided.
The Master of Science Degree in “Electrical and Automation Engineering” trains high level graduates, with a significant knowledge of the methods of analytical and numerical modeling and of the general technical and scientific contents of Electrical and Automation Engineering.
A graduate in Electrical and Automation Engineering has a high interdisciplinary scientific preparation on the specific areas concerning industrial and electrical engineering automation. The depth of the topics covered during the training of the graduate characterizes the Master of Science degree for the purpose of achieving an excellent technical and cultural mastery in the fields of electrical and automation engineering, and for providing qualified expertise in dealing with complex problems, following an interdisciplinary approach, with awareness and capabilities to take on the responsibilities relevant to the many roles that can be played.
The specific training objectives are reflected in the careers for which the student is prepared. In particular, the professionals trained by the degree course will be able to:
• conduct research or apply existing knowledge to design, control, also automatically, manage systems, engines, apparatus and equipment aimed at the generation, distribution and use of electricity, also in relation to the use of new technologies related to alternative and renewable energy;
• they are able to plan, design and manage systems, processes and complex and innovative services in the specific sector of Automation and, more generally, in all sectors where automation plays an important role; • conduct research, or apply existing knowledge in the fields of electric drives, robotic systems, diagnostics and fault-tolerant systems, electromagnetic compatibility;
• conduct research on technological aspects of specific materials and processes;
• define and plan standards and procedures to ensure the functioning and security of power generation systems and distribution of electricity, and the systems and equipment powered by these systems;
• supervise and direct such activities;
• assess the economic, organizational and management implications resulting from the use of new technologies;
• they are able to assess the impact of engineering solutions in a social context and in a physical environment, given the risks associated with the technologies and taking into account the relevant environmental policies. The education of the master graduate in Electrical Engineering and Automation is also aimed at providing the skills for lifelong learning in a high technological development sector, for further specialization in specific or scientifically advanced sectors and for the continuation of studies in the higher levels of education such as Post-graduate degrees and PhD Schools.